PacMom

June 16, 2006

TGIF x 84

So supposedly at 7:00 this morning, I have been quit for a week. Yay, right!? “Hell Week” is officially over, right? Well, I don’t know if that’s technically true or not. You see, I was bad yesterday. Yesterday morning, I had a WHOLE cigarette. I was stressed, and I caved. And boy do I regret it, because today I should be celebrating flawlessly dammit. But, it’s okay. I slipped, and the important thing is that the slip didn’t turn into a relapse. It very well could have, considering I know plenty of people at work that I could bum from, but I. Was. Strong! So I’m just going to forget about that stupid cigarette I had yesterday. Even though… oh it was so gooooood! So good it makes you want to cry! Ugh. Quitting is too fucking hard. But I can do it, and I will. My mess up was almost 30 hours ago, and I’m on the right track again.
Tomorrow we go to my parents’ house on the lake. It’s going to be 90 degrees, and all sunny. The BEST kind of boating and doing-jack-shit weather. Totally looking forward to basking my white self in the sun, but, of course, just hoping being outside all day doesn’t make my cravings too horrible. I should be fine, just probably need to stay away from the booze. Which... oh who am I kidding. I’ll be slamming back Coronas like they’re going out of style. No harm in that, considering my smoking sister and brother in law won’t be there for me to weasel a cigarette off of.
And in the best news of the day! I was accepted at Madonna University today. Because I’m one smart bitch, and I write a mean entry essay. So in two months, I’m going to be a working, schooling, and (most definitely) stressed out momma. Cheers to the next three years of my studying, time-crammed, brain-enriching life!

1 Comments:

  • I wanna go to Madonna School. I'm imagining many pointy bras and late night sing-alongs to Vogue.

    PS. Good job on quitting smoking (even if you did have one little smoke). It's harder to quit than heroin I hear.

    By Anonymous Jenny, at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home